It’s been about a year since I started baking sugar cookies and until recently I have stuck with my tried and true recipe (thanks, Pinterest). But here recently I have been reading other blogs and trying their recipes, like this one: Sweet Sugarbelle’s Recipe
In my “research” I came up with a mixture of different recipes. Just like any other routine baker, I have gotten to the point that I don’t really measure out my ingredients as precisely anymore. I also am tired of having to grab my phone, find the main recipe on Pinterest, and remind myself if it’s one or two eggs every time. Not kidding, I do this every time. So I have decided for my second ever blog post to give you my own personal sugar cookie recipe!
One day I will do a more detailed post, but today is not that day.
Jessica’s Favorite Sugar Cookies
- 1/2c powdered sugar
- 1/2c granulated sugar
- 1c SALTED butter (Challenge Brand preferred)
- 1 egg
- 1.5tsp Vanilla extract/emulsion
- 1tsp Almond extract/emulsion
- 2tsp Baking Powder
- 3-4c Flour
- Cream together softened butter and sugars.
- Mix in a separate bowl the egg, vanilla and almond extracts and add to creamed butter mixture.
- Once combined, add the Baking Powder and slowly add the flour until a soft ball of dough forms on the paddle. At the point you can touch the dough without it being super sticky and leaving residue on your finger, its ready. I usually add in a cup at a time until I get 3 cups and then I add a little at a time of the last cup. Sometimes I use all 4 cups and sometimes I use closer to 3. I blame the Oklahoma humidity.
- I wrap up my dough in cling wrap and refrigerate it for at least 30 minutes. Sometimes overnight. At this point it is up to you! Honestly, I have rolled the dough out right away and it was fine and I also rolled out the dough the next day and it was fine. You get to pick!